With E3 concluded, much of the world is on pins and needles waiting for the names and drops of the next big releases. However, Microsoft did not just have game releases, but state of the art hardware for the Xbox One. Many rumors had been circulating about a possible new counsel project that was in the works as well as some new games that were on the horizon; and boy did Microsoft show out this week.
First up was a look into Gears of War 4, which had a few new add-ons from the previous installment which included the following:
- A new Horde Mode 3.0 which gives an extra difficulty setting to an already hellacious game.
- 4 player co-op Campaign Mode which allows your friends to play alongside you via Xbox live.
Gears was not done there. The showing also included a brief play through of the game which looked fantastic and will have my vote for best FPS in its class. To culminate the showing, a new Gear of War 4 Xbox controller will be released to the public around the time of the release date for the game. Gears of War 4 will be out to the public October 11, 2016.
Next up was a look at the Comcept and Armature Studios game, ReCore. A game set in the future where the creatures you encounter are in fact mechanical; which adds a cool retro feel to me as it seems that this might be the game that hard core Megaman fans could easily get a grasp on. Although it’s a tall order to call it the next successor to the Megaman franchise, it could easily draw comparsions. It’s a free roam third person shooter that promises a ton of action and adventure. ReCore is set to drop sometime in September of 2016. So be on the watch for the game I am going to be anticipating the most.
There cannot be a E3 without Final Fantasy news, and sure enough this E3 did not disappoint. Square Enix finally allowed the world to have a brief glimpse at the long awaited fifteenth installment of the legendary franchise, and it was as beauty to behold as developers showed off a quick demo of a titan boss fight. The graphics were amazing (as severe of understatement as there can be), the gameplay was intoxicating, and the scenery breathtaking. This might definitely be the game of the year next year as Final Fantasy XV will be out September 30, 2016.
Tom Clancy’s The Division has been a delightful surprise to the FPS scene, grabing the attention of Tom Clancy faithful and new players alike with its unique multiplayer gameplay and story. For those wondering if anything else can make this game even more awesome, more is on the way and it is coming soon. On June 28 there will be expansions to the Underground. Be on the lookout for more exciting surprises with this update.
The FPS scene continued to be given much to look forward to in the next year as Battlefield 1, which takes place in WWI, will be available on October 21 for everyone. However to those that subscribe to EA Access through Xbox, the game will be available October 13 for digital download.
Minecraft took part in the E3 fun by announcing a new addition to the game called Realms. In this addition, players will have a chance to create pocket dimensions in their worlds and have a plethora of exciting new adventures. These might include fighting aliens to fighting alongside agents. The possibilities seem to be endless. This new expansion is out now so be sure to update your account ASAP.
There were a few Indy games that made an appearance in the conference and they are as follows:
- Ark: Survival Evolved which is a FPS set in a dinosaur world. It is available now on Xbox live and is a work in progress game thus it is a constantly updating beta.
- We Happy Few a psychedelic first person game that seems to leave a lot more questions than answers (thus grabbing my attention immediately). The only thing that is certain is that everyone wears masks and are hyped up on a mind altering substance of some sort.
- Gwent the much awaited online card game based on the one from the GOY THE WITCHER 3. During the presentation, gameplay was demonstrated as well as a release date. So people be prepared to played the most sought after card game right now as GWENT is coming to the world on September 6, 2016.
With world being told that the card game it has been wanting is coming to existence, another much anticipated game is finally going to be a reality. TEKKEN 7 will be expected to drop early in 2017 but an official release date is yet to be confirmed. However, much excitement was made over the trailer which saw Heihachi d battle with the villainous Akume/Goki from the Street Fighter series. The battle was intense as we the world witnessed that the mighty Raging Demon could not stop the White Hair villain of the Tekken Universe. Fans of the series should most certainly rejoice as their favorite fighting game will finally have the most coveted installment to date.
The final game showing of the night was a look at the upcoming DEADRSING 4. What can be gathered about the game is that it is the same old Frank West up to his same old shenanigans in killing zombies. However in this game, he will be doing it around Christmas time. This installment will be a Timed Exclusive for Xbox One. DEADRISING 4 will be out this holiday season.
Now with all the games that are to be coming out this year, Microsoft did not forget about the hardware; and boy, were these some amazing announcements.
- First up Xbox live will have the accessability of background music while you play games. This may give people the extra edge they need to get past that tough bss or keep your kill streak alive.
- Second was the announcement of language region independence. In short if you buy an Xbox in Mexico but do not speak Spanish, you can change the language settings without having change regions.
- Cortana will be available for Xbox One via update
- Clubs- this feature will allow people to create their own, well, clubs with their friends and embark on gaming adventures.
- Arenas- this will allow Xbox Live users to participate in tournaments online. (HYPE)
- Custom Controllers. One controller, THOUSANDS OF POSSIBILLITIES!!!!!
- PLAY ANYWHERE- this will allow one to continue a game they started on their Xbox and continue it on their laptop or tablet.
- Xbox One S- a slimmer version of the Xbox One which will have incredible processing power which will allow for 4K graphics compatibility.
All in all Microsoft had a great showing. With a balnace of tech and gaming that made everyone that owns an Xbox One happy for the next year. I give Microsoft a B+/A- rating for this year.